POSITION: Executive Producer
Myrkur Games is a new game developer based in Iceland, working on an ambitious AA title called “The Darken: Echoes of the End” (www.myrkur.is). The Darken is a spectacular new story-driven action adventure game, and a kick off to an expanding trilogy set in a completely new and original fantasy setting. With the focus on delivering a powerful, character-driven story and personal relationships, the game features a large cast of highly realistic characters, with lifelike digital doubles of real actors and fully motion captured performances. This is paired with realistic photo scanned environments, intertwined with elements of fantasy to create a stunning visual experience.
As Producer, you will be responsible for the efficient management of all members of the development team (~30 developers). You will oversee the advancement of the work and the attainment of production objectives as well as ensure high levels of motivation and commitment from team members.
- Manage all aspects of the production of The Darken
- Initiate and track all production processes through direction of team leads (art, design, sound, development, QA etc)
- Own and develop schedules and resource requirements to ensure achievement of vision, participate in defining the project deliverables and analyze risks involved
- Manage the milestones schedule and content
- Ensure timely delivery of milestones while safeguarding quality of work in accordance with predefined project schedule
- Contribute to improving the quality of the game, the productivity of the teams and their efficiency
- Identify and resolve design discrepancies and conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals
- Foster positive working relationships and teamwork within the development teams with an emphasis on communication.
- Resolve issues for teams and individual team members during development
- Assist in any other assignments as directed by supervising manager
- Lead the vision, product calls and decision making
- Shipped at least one AA or AAA game
- Served as Producer or Team Lead for multiple small-to-medium sized, interdisciplinary teams, preferably in an agile project management environment
- Ability to review and give feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional organization, communication and management skills
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance
- Commitment to personal and peer development, and sharing best practices
- Knowledge of hardware and software trends in the video game industry
- Deep passion for creating and playing story-driven games
Myrkur Games strives to be a fun and innovative workplace, encouraging and rewarding creativity and personal growth. Our friendly, driven and passionate team will inspire you to push the envelope and deliver fantastic results. At Myrkur Games you will take part in leading the way to create a new and unique fantasy experience for a worldwide gaming audience.
What to send our way (email: email@example.com)
1) Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills. 2) A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio. 3) A brief cover letter expressing why you are interested in joining the team on this journey